Monday, October 13, 2008

Snow Swirled Brayered Night Card




This is a card I made last week after getting a brayer. First I used the Stampin’ Up! exclusive Top Note die on my Big Shot to cut out the top layer of the card on Whisper White cardstock and then stamped my tree and sentiment in Versamark. Then I embossed both with white embossing powder. Now the fun part! I grabbed my brocade blue, not quite navy, and night of navy ink pads. I inked up the brayer with brocade blue and covered most of the CS with it. I then inked up 3/4 of the brayer with not quite navy and then rolled it over 3/4 of the “sky” of the CS. I then inked up 1/4 of the brayer with night of navy and rolled it over the top 1/4 of the “sky” of the CS and repeated as necessary until I had the desired shading along the top. Then, I took a sponge with some night of navy ink and sponged around the outside and bottom edges of the CS to provide some shading. I then used my white gel pen to add some stars/snow flakes. Top layer done!


I then layerd it on some Whisper White CS, then some Brocade Blue CS, and mounted it on a base of Night of Navy. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this card. I think the rest of the world does as well. Nice job!